Sunday, February 17, 2008

Bamboo-Fusion-it's start

Petite in stature, Nathalie began to experience pain in her hands within only 2 months of doing traditional massage. As a Thai therapist, Nathalie sometimes did back walking while using a bamboo pole for balance. She discovered the hands-on approach with bamboo when one of her larger male clients kept asking for deeper pressure in his upper trapezius.

“As I was working on this gentleman in a sitting position, my eyes caught the two bamboo poles that I used for back walking. I had the idea to use one of the poles for tapotement on his upper trapezius. So I stood about six feet from him, tapping on his shoulders with this long stick, and he told me it felt really great!”


Find out about our classes at www.ashiatsuworkshops.com.

No comments: