Monday, November 3, 2008

Our Town

Ok, this is totally unrelated to my usual blogs, but I'm just a little pleased with myself. My Bachelor of Arts is in Theatre and Film, so basically I worked as a restaurant manager until I discovered a new love. Massage therapy, that is.

Working in the restaurant business as well as doing massage in the evenings isn't conducive to the theatre life, when most rehearsals are in the evening. But since I've been completely in charge of my own schedule now (thank you loyal clients), my schedule is much more flexible.

Compound that with 2 children old enough to babysit, and violá, time to audition for a play.

I happily received the role of Mrs. Louella Soames, the town gossip, in the play Our Town by Thornton Wilder. Opening night is this Thursday, and it runs Thursday - Sunday for the next 3 weeks. The play takes place at the Covedale Center for the Performing Arts on Glenway Avenue in Cincinnati.

In the theatre, we say, "Break a leg!" on opening night. Of course, if I really broke a leg, I'd be in big trouble. But it means "good luck." So break a leg, Mike Fielder (the director), and to the cast and crew as well!

By the way, my teaching schedule is on www.affinitymassages.com. I'm thinking of January for my next Bamboo class.

No comments: